For security reasons, we've decided to stop using Windows
on all our mission critical systems.
There will no longer be tech support for Windows. Here is why:
Microsoft introduced a lot of new features in Windows 10 such as Cortana.
However, most of them are violating your privacy.
You may think it is fine for Microsoft to access this data, but skillful malware hackers can read it too.
Is that acceptable?
Data syncing is enabled by default
- Application settings
- Browsing history and open websites
- WiFi hotspot names and passwords
Your device is by default tagged with a unique advertising ID
- Used to serve you with personalized advertisements by third-party advertisers and ad networks
- Monitors your interests and what ads you click on
Cortana can collect any of your data
- Credit Card information
- Calendar data
- Music you listen to
- Your keystrokes, searches and mic input
Microsoft can collect any personal data
- Your identity
- Interests and habits
- Usage data
- Contacts and relationships
- Location data
- Content like emails, instant messages, caller list, audio and video recordings
Your data can be shared.
- When downloading Windows 10,
you are authorizing Microsoft to share any of above mentioned data with any third-party,
with or without your consent.